Please note that the Gutmann College House reservation policies haved been updated for 2023-2024
The Gutmann College House Office is committed to creating an environment where students feel supported as they organize and collaborate with peers in addition to the campus community. The Gutmann House Office manages several reservable spaces that exist to further the values of education, community, and connection.
The policies outlined below were created to promote equitable usage and to ensure longevity of the facility for the future.
The following list of policies and expectations pertain to Gutmann College House Special Room Reservations
All events held in the Gutmann Multipurpose Room are considered Special Room Reservations. These request may be made by residents of Gutmann College House or University of Pennsylvania Campus Partners, Offices and Centers.
Please note that Gutmann College House Office events take precedence over all requests.
Special Room Reservation Guidelines
- Events held in the Multipurpose Room must be open to all Gutmann College House residents and free for everyone to attend
- Residents and partners may not request recurring reservations
- Events in the Multipurpose Room must occur during one of the following blocks of time: 12pm-3pm, 4pm-7pm, and 8pm-11pm
- Special Reservation Requests must be made 2 weeks prior to the event date. Although more time is recommended to allow time to process the request.
- Special Reservation Requests should not be considered approved until you receive a confirmation email.
- Same day requests will not be approved or processed.
- Special Reservation Requests are processed by the house office during standard business hours.
- Please allow time for the Gutmann House Office to review your request
- Gutmann College House reserves the right to adjust, cancel or deny a reservation request at any time.
How to Make a Reservation
- Fill out the Special Reservation Request Form (link)
- Allow time for the Gutmann House Office to review the request
- You will be notified via email whether your request has been approved, declined, or if more information is needed.
Before the Event
- Upon approval, a walkthrough of the Multipurpose Room must be done prior to the event date.
- During the walkthrough you will be shown technology and other important information
- Any promotional materials for the event must be sent to the Gutmann House Office (email@example.com) so it may be included in the newsletter and posting in the house.
Accessing the Space
- If your request is approved, you will visit the Gutmann Information Center to receive access to the space on your Penn Card.
- The contact person must open the door for members/attendees.
- Doors may not be propped at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the contact person to ensure that doors to the room are closed and locked and that the premises are secure when the event has concluded.
- The person who made the reservation is expected to be in attendance for the entire event and should be the last to leave the room.
During the Event
- Room set up is the responsibility of the individuals/groups using the Multipurpose Room.
- No tech support will be provided on the day of the event.
- The individual who made the reservation is responsible for any guests that need to access to Gutmann College House attending the event.
- Furniture should not be moved between rooms or taken from common spaces.
- All events and the guests associated with the reservation are expected to know and follow the policies of the University of Pennsylvania as well as the Residential Handbook. Please look here for more information: https://residential-services.business-services.upenn.edu/residential-handbook.
After the Event
- Spaces should be left as clean or cleaner than when you started your event.
- Excessive trash and recycling should be removed from the space.
- Furniture should be reset according to the room layout posted on the wall.
- If you are serving food at your event, please be diligent to remove all leftovers and trash associated with catering.
- All personal belongings should be removed after the event. Gutmann College House office does not maintain a lost and found.
- All room technology and lights should be shut off before you leave.
- Please email the Gutmann House Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if there is any issues in the space.
Attempting to circumvent these policies and guidelines can result in current reservations being canceled as well as future reservation requests being denied.